The online world is pretty much run by information sprawled across several websites but most of the time users spend a lot of their effort on search engines to find the specific web pages that they need to find the information they want and this is why it is pretty much a must for websites to be search engine friendly. If they are not search engine friendly then they have a very small chance of being noticed and they will generate very little traffic; this in turns leads to small profit since not a lot of people are able to find and visit the site. There are a lot of coding techniques and tactics to make a website search engine friendly and PSD to HTML coding is one of them. Here is a short list on the specifics on getting a proper conversion coding done:
1) HTML coding: Search engines use meticulous codes to find certain data on a website that a user is looking for and the easiest sort of data a search engine primarily finds is HTML tags. A search engine finds HTML codes faster than any other format of coding like images and embedded flash material since text is easy to spot and match. This is why HTML coding is important and why many prefer to convert their data into HTML.
2) Utilizing Anchor Text Links: Anchor text links are the gateways to information and utilizing them in your coding as well as properly associating them with your content is the key to helping search engines find the right page and lead users to your website.
3) A short URL is a better choice: The URL is what most users look at when they try to identify what page they are on and what they are doing in your website so keeping it short and simple helps them from getting confused and irritated and it helps search engines sprawl through data faster.
4) Coding with Meta Tags: Meta tags are what correlates the content with the hardcore coding of the website and this is what search engine crawlers look for when they try to associate what the user typed with what a website has. This is why it is a must for the coding process to include Meta Tags, even for PSD to HTML conversion.
5) W3C Validation and Cross Browser Compatibility: The World Wide Consortium or W3C is the basic guide-set for web developers to know that their website is up to standards and is one hundred percent functional. The validation process helps developers fix errors found in the code and they simplify some of the coding included to help their sites load faster. This also helps with cross browser compatibility so that the site can be viewed regardless of what browser the users utilize and what platform they browse on, whether a laptop or a mobile phone.
6) Image Optimization: Large images take a long time to load and this is why it highly advisable to break them down into smaller images to form the larger picture. This helps the page load faster.
7) Keywords in the URL: Keywords are the first thing search engines and users alike look for when they need information and it is imperative for your URL to host a keyword related to the content of the page.
These are the bits and hints to help your website be search engine friendly and this in turn will help you and your site generate strong traffic and income.